Monday, August 4, 2008

The Committee for Stench Reduction

This morning started with a slight headache, nothing that a cup of coffee wouldn't fix (a cup of coffee that I have yet to have). Anyway, we'll keep this short, since I am off to get that cup of coffee. With that said - the stench on the 54 this morning was enough to make me want to vomit. As a matter of fact, I was hoping that someone would walk on the bus who had gone a little overboard with the perfume this morning. Perfume itself is a smell that often makes me want to gag, but today it would have been a welcomed scent.

Most times when you are on the bus and you get hit by an awful scent you can do a quick assessment and determine where the stench is coming from. It is usually pretty obvious. However, with today's smell - there was simply no obvious point of origin.

I am writing my ANC commissioner today and asking that he start the Committee for Stench Reduction. In addition to $1.35, a smart trip or a transfer you will need a card that says you have been vetted for proper hygiene - and that you're not emmiting any offensive odors.

I will let you know what I hear back.

No comments: