Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We'll start with this

First rule of thumb for Metro. When you have to be somewhere in a hurry, there WILL be delays. So of course, I'm in a hurry to get home from work and of course there are major delays on the blue line. Apparently there were delays on a separate line going in the opposite direction of my train. I need a transportation engineer to explain why my train (south bound) was experiencing delays from another train going north bound. But this is not the point, at least not for this post. What is the point is that I was extremely frustrated. How frustrated? Ever see the Hulk movies? Banner gets all pissed off and then rages out on everyone in Hulk form. Yeah, that was my frustration level. But there is a happy ending to my travels. About half way home, a bunch of Europeans (you can always spot them) with suitcases get on my car and clog the entrance way. About three stops later, some random guy gets on and politely excuses himself through the tangle they have made. In the process of the guy passing them, one of the Europeans drops their hands from the guide rail, just as the train lurches forward. The European goes head over heels over suitcase and takes out another of his buddies. Pandemonium ensues and the train continues on. This is my moment of joy for the commute home. Oh happy happy day.

No comments: